This is a chance to experience a whole new world, and see all secrets the oceans hold
The Open Water Course is designed to make you a capable and confident diver, so you can focus on the journey you are on. Let us take you into the water and you will never be the same! We not only show you what gear you need and how to safely use it, but we also take you to see incredible things with like-minded people. You will be able to go to remote islands, causal weekend dives, or any other amazing adventures. Let us take you into the water we promise you will never want to get out!
Why Tokyo Divers?
- Japan - It is an absolutely beautiful country to learn how to dive. With so many sites accessible at our backdoor, there are perks to being an island. Don't believe me? Check our page.Dive Sites
- Weekends - You don't need a day off to learn, in as little as three days over two weekends, we can get you a diving license that opens doors everywhere. (If you want to do a consecutive class, please reach out to us)
- Community - We are an english diving shop here in Tokyo eager to take you diving but also provide the opportunity to meet people in this city. Make buddies both below and above the water
3 Steps to become an Open Water Diver
Get started with Elearning and familiarize yourself with the theory behind diving. Once you have built an understanding of what it means to be a Diver, when we will get ready to get you in the water. You can go through the learning at your pace from anywhere with an internet connection. If of course you have any questions during the theory, reach out and we will be happy to answer.
Let us organize a day trip to a pool on the outskirts of Tokyo to conduct in-water skill-development training. In the pool, you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the gear that makes breathing underwater possible. Our instructors will work to incrementally increase your skill level so that you feel comfortable for the open ocean.
Finally you're in the Ocean 🐟 Over the weekend, we will repeat the primary skills done in the pool so that you can get comfortable in less controlled conditions. At the same time, it is our priority to both find you fish but also to have an enjoyable weekend with good people. You might make a new friend, be it human or fish.
What to Expect?
The Open Water Scuba Diver Course will make you comfortable with all the skills and knowledge, preparing you to be able to dive anywhere in the world.
- Dive planning - What goes into planning a dive?
- Dive equipment - What makes a gear "right"? How to assemble, use and maintain your gear?
- Basic scuba skills - mask clearing, regulator skills, underwater swimming techniques, achieve neutral buoyancy, rudimentary rescue techniques, and what to do in an emergency
- Physics and physiology - buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases.
- Ocean Awareness: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents and waves.
- Anything else you're interested to learn 🐠
While diving is for everyone, there are some requirements that you must clear both for your safety and for us.
- Be 18 years of age (15 with parental consent)
- No Preexisting medical condition (or a Physician's sign off)
- Swimming Proficiency
- Swim 200m
- Tread Water for 10m
Price (2022 Season)
75000 - for the full course
What is included?
- E-Learning material from agency of your choosing
- Daytrip Confined Water Dives
- Weekend Open Water Dives
- Rental Equipment for the duration of the course
- Diving License
What is not included?
We have courses up on our calendar so head over to our
If you have any questions or if there is no course listed but you’re interested to enroll in one, please reach out to us through the form on the left.